Reliability and Redundancy
LocataNets can provide exceptional levels of reliability for any application.
- Locally configurable networks for specific service applications:
- Deploy LocataLites in the geographic locations required to meet DOP, reliability, redundancy and services integrity requirements; and
- Add LocataLites, if required, to improve Receiver Autonomous Integrity Monitoring (RAIM) availability or any other metric.
- Easily expandable, flexible deployment:
- Close proximity LocataNets can be meshed or simply operate adjacent to each other independently; and
- Expandable under the current ICD architecture to 30 LocataLites within the near field
(4 signals per LocataLite = 120 frequency diverse and spatially diverse positioning signals). Networks with even more signals will become available in 2012.
- Ground based infrastructure is infinitely easier to maintain, upgrade and replace than space based infrastructure;
- Locata signals are very difficult to jam because of the transmission levels required to overcome Locata’s strong signals. Therefore, jammers are easily discoverable; and
- LocataNets give total autonomy and local control over mission critical infrastructure to the network owner.